full screen background image

UKRAINE NEWS” General Staff: Another unit of Russian troops enters Donbas

Possibility of another wave of mobilization would depend on the situation in Donbas, Muzhenko says

A Russia-backed rebel armored fighting vehicles convoy near Donetsk, Eastern Ukraine, May 30, 2015.

A Russia-backed rebel armored fighting vehicles convoy near Donetsk, Eastern Ukraine, May 30, 2015.

Russia has still not recognized the fact that its regular troops had entered into the territory of Ukraine, Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Viktor Muzhenko said in an interview with Ukrainian weekly news magazine Focus.

“There is still a group of Russian troops in the occupied territories of Donetsk and Luhansk regions, which is not recognized by Russia. Although they walk around wearing insignia and move on their military vehicles,” Muzhenko said.

Read also Russian troops and arms are still in Ukraine and violence may resume – Stoltenberg

In addition, Muzhenko said that the General Staff had been informed about the entering of another Russian unit into the territory of Ukraine.

“I will not name this unit, but it is part of the Russian armed forces,” Muzhenko said.

Read also More Russian army units in Crimea amass near Ukraine border: NSDC

Earlier, Muzhenko said that the possibility of another wave of mobilization would depend on the situation in Donbas.

“As of today, there are no prerequisites regarding the seventh wave of mobilization. Although, certain measures are carried out, and the decision will be made. If we have the seventh wave of mobilization, it will be less in numbers – the number of personnel doesn’t influence the reduction or the increase of [combat] capacity of military units,” Muzhenko said.

Comments

your comments




Translate »